A comprehensive course on visual media which covers all aspects of digital film making and television programmes production, including script writing, electronic cinematography, editing, sound designing, direction etc., During the course students will be trained to produce short films, documentaries, talk shows, reality shows, travelogue, music album etc.
• Introduction to the History of Communication: Evolution & Revolutions
• Communication Skills and Spoken English
• History of Cinema and Film Appreciation
• Film Theory
• History and Theories of Television
• Television Genres and Formats
• Contemporary Practices of Television Programmes.
• Theories and Forms of Advertising
• Media for Social Change: Development Communication
• Applied Media Aesthetics: Understanding Time, Space, Dimensions, Composition, Montage and Sound
• Introduction to Broadcast Equipment
• Video Production
• Electronic Cinematography
• Non-linear Editing
• Sound for Video Production
• Introduction to Studio Procedures
• Single Camera and Multi-Camera Productions
• Studio Lighting
• Script Writing
• Introduction to Media Management
• Media Laws and Ethics
• Economy of Media
• Indian and Global Issues in Current Affairs
• Short Film Production
• Documentary Film Production
• TV Programme Production
• Soft Skill Development
The first three months is scheduled to give intense orientation to the art and science and making films and television programmes. A detailed training in storytelling and screen writing enables the students to master the art of visual story telling. The students are given hands-on training in digital cinematography, non-linear editing, sound technology etc. and they are assigned to make different genres of videos – short films, television programmes, music albums, vox pop, public service ads, documentaries etc.
Advanced workshops are conducted to give exposure and expertise in technology and aesthetics. The students are provided with one-month training in Media One TV or select production houses, according to the specialization they have chosen. The course will culminate with diploma short film production and one month internship in a reputed media house.
Experienced and renowned media practitioners from the media industry take regular workshops for the students. During the course the students get opportunity to take part in production activities of the channel. By the end of the course the students will be experienced professionals with all the competence required for the media industry.