• TV channel organization – Introduction to various departments and their functioning
• Introduction to Video Technology
• Introduction to Media and Broadcasting
• Basic Electronics
• Television production system and technology
• Computer networking concepts and broadcast automation
• Television transmission
Digitalization of broadcasting, proliferation of television and radio services and media companies have created huge demand for personnel who can manage and support the technical infrastructure required for production and transmission. The course focuses on imparting practical knowledge on technologies along with theoretical concepts employed for content acquisition, production and transmission of television broadcasting. The students are given extensive hand-on experience in real working environment of most advanced technology set up in Mediaone TV. On completion of the course the students are expected to develop good understanding of broadcast workflow and operational maintenance aspects related to broadcasting infrastructure. They are expected to assume responsibilities as technical experts/ facility managers with production houses, TV channels, broadcasting stations, network operators, media institutions, marketing, servicing and in other domains of media industry.